Library Media Center Policies and Procedures
- Student library hours are Monday through Friday from 6:45 to 3:15.
- Students must have a hall pass to enter the library at all times of the day and sign in.
- Students who choose to spend their lunch break in the library must stay until their lunch has ended.
- Online students are required to sign in at the circulation desk.
- Students are not allowed behind the checkout desk unless they have permission to use the color printer.
Student Book Limits
- Students may check out up to five books at a time for two weeks. Books may be renewed. Up to two reference books may be checked out for overnight use only.
- Students must have the book in their hand to renew it. Students may not check out if they have an overdue book or books.
- Overdue notices will be printed once a month.
Whole Class/Small Group/Research Use
- Teachers, teacher assistants and volunteers are always welcome to use the media center during the instructional day. Please be mindful that if a class is in the library that there will be times when the library will not be quiet. Teachers are encouraged to collaborate with Mr. Howell and Mrs. Price to deliver quality instruction.
- The Media Center Calendar is online for teachers to view and to sign up for times to bring classes to the facility.
- The Computer Lab Calendar is online for teachers to view and to sign up for times to bring classes to it. http://www.signupgenius.com/go/9040c4eaaad23aa8-computer
- The Media Laptop Carts Calendar is online for teachers to view and to sign up for times to use them. http://www.signupgenius.com/go/4090e49adae2aa6f58-media1
- Parents may check out books during regular school hours. They will need to come in and set up an account in their name before they can check out books. Parents may check out up to five books at a time. Parents may not check out books in their child’s name. Students may not check out books in their parent’s name, including the children of staff.
Staff Requests for Materials
- Please email or see Mr. Howell or Mrs. Price at least two days in advance to request materials pulled for your classroom. Most of the time books can be pulled within the same day and delivered to you or be made ready for pick up.
Request for Purchase of Materials
- Please email Mr. Howell or Mrs. Price with any request to purchase books, equipment, periodicals, etc.
Reserving the Media Center Facility
- If you would like to reserve the library for a meeting before, during, or after school, please sign up with Mr. Howell or Mrs. Price. This will allow us to be prepared for the event and to inform other staff members about the availability of the library.
- If you reserve the Media Center, you will be responsible to putting all furniture back in its original place (including chairs) and for any clean up that may need to be done (e.g., cleaning off tables, throwing away trash, putting away food, etc.). The media center should be left exactly as you found it as a professional courtesy to your colleagues.
- Behavior in the library is an extension of school expectations. During library orientation and throughout the year, students are taught these behavioral expectations. Students are also expected not to bring food, drink, or gum into the facility.
- Classes may display their class projects in the library with the approval of Mr. Howell or Mrs. Price. Projects must be accompanied by a sign indicating what the project is and who did it. Displays need to be removed after one month.